We Bring Difference Differently
aG Resources is looking for Senior Network Engineer for our reputable client.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Duration: One year to be renewed based on business needs
- Assist in implementation of IT Infrastructure & Technical Support department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Company requirements, policies, and quality standards.
Job Specific Responsibilities will include
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Manage and execute Company network & security projects from end-to-end which includes evaluating the technology, scoping, budgeting, raising purchase request, implementing & maintaining day-to-day operations.
- Manage, Maintain and Monitors Information Security technologies for company such as Web Proxy, Firewalls, Web Application firewall, Load balancers, Endpoint & Server security, Virtual private network(VPN), Email gateway, External DNS, Advance persistent threat(APT), Privilege access management(PAM), Secure file transfer(SFTP) etc. and participate in planning and implementation of all infrastructure network & security projects(Upgrades, migrations & enhancements) to ensure compliance with Information security requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, and other network hardware and Secure Company cloud infrastructure by following cloud adoption framework and which must include but not limited to implementing zero trust architecture and micro segmentation of all cloud services. Manage, Maintain and Monitors all cloud related Information Security technologies which are deployed under Company subscriptions.
- Manage Company azure services and maintain the Network components and systems of Company cloud service.
- Manage and maintain Broker connectivity toward Company through MPLS cloud along with Etisalat.
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Maintain the telecommunication services (IP voice systems, video, voice mail recording, and billing) systems.
- Undertake system checks on a periodic basis to ensure robustness and effectiveness of Secure Network Environment.
- Maintain Server RACKs arrangement and connectivity in the Data Center& IDFs on premise and branches.
- Oversee new and existing Network equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, Service providers, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Conduct Proactive Preventive maintenance measures and address the findings.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Provide 2nd level of support for Network related issues.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user Network & telecommunication devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Ensure the high availability of Network & Telecommunication services and Support business Continuity Planning by participate in the regular failover and DR test.
- Perform Network and security audits, and Network systems backups and recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging network & security products and technologies.
- Be available, on call, to rapidly troubleshoot any problems resulting from changes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the following majoring Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Network or Security Engineering
- Bonus Qualification/ Certification: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or Network + certification, CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional Security) certification and CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) are a bonus.
- Minimum 7-9 years of technical hands-on experience managing and implementing complexed network security solutions and working in a complexed IT networks environment on premise/cloud with hands on experience in Network Engineering.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
- Knowledge on WAF, Firewall, Vulnerability scanning, Baseline configuration, DLP knowledge, Email Security, Multifactor authentication, SOAP integration, SSL certificate installation, PAM solutions, SIEM implementation, Switching and routing.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies.
- Experience in implementing and managing voice over IP (VoIP) systems desired.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, and remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, DSL, Frame Relay, and Metro Ethernet.
- Five to Seven (5-7) years’ experience designing, implementing, managing, and supporting enterprise level IP networks that include support of a heterogeneous distributed desktop computing environment required.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits. Personal Attributes.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Preferred vendor experience – Cisco, Aruba, Fortinet, Palo Alto
- General Experience in administering PAM solutions and NAC Solutions such as Cisco ISE and Aruba Clear pass
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.